- Set up the ladder as per the ‘HSE Safe use of Ladders and Stepladders’ guide & the ‘Working at Height Act’.
- Place the LadderM8rix onto the surface, ensuring that the product has gripped the surface.
- Place the feet of the ladder against the wall of the product.
- Make sure you have placed the LadderM8rix at a position which allows the ladder to be placed at an angle of 1 in 4.
Before using the LadderM8rix, ensure:
Individual / organisation risk assessments have been carried out and which identified that:
• A ladder / ladder safety device is the most appropriate solution for the situation.
• A ladderM8rix is the most suitable ladder safety device for the requirements.
• The chosen LadderM8rix meets the surface needs.
• The ladder operative is competent and trained, and is following the ‘HSE Safe Use of Ladders and Stepladders Guide’ and the ‘Working at Height Act’.
• The ladder operative is wearing appropriate ladder safety workwear – the LadderM8rix Industrial, Professional & Pro-Plus all have sharp edges. Therefore, work safe footwear, clothing and safety gloves should be worn at all times.
• Inspection of the LadderM8rix has been carried out by a competent / trained person
• The ladder is secured at the top and middle (see diagram) and other safety tools/precautions are implemented as per risk assessment outcome.
- Regular inspection of the LadderM8rix is to be carried out by a competent/trained person.
- The LadderM8rix must be set up on an even, horizontal and stable surface.
- For a leaning ladder, you should always secure it (e.g. by tying the ladder to prevent it from slipping either outwards or sideways) and have a strong upper resting point.
- Care and appropriate safety clothing and gloves must be used at all times to avoid injury from the sharp edges.
- Keep away from children and animals
- Store in protective case when not in use.
Only use in accordance with ladder directions. The LadderM8rix range only helps to reduce ladder slippage. When using this product the ladder should always be additionally secured at the top and/or middle to prevent it from slipping either outwards or sidewards and have a strong upper resting point. Ensure relevant safety tools/precautions are implemented as per ladder health and safety regulations. Not suitable for all ladders. Not suitable for metal ladder feet. Only to be used on the specifed surface(s) and conditions. To be used in conjunction with the Working at Height Act 2005/HSE “Safe use of ladders and step ladders guide”/OSHA safety standards. Regular inspection of the LadderM8rix should be carried out by a competent/trained person. The LadderM8rix must be kept clean and free from debris. If any defects are detected, do not use. Care and appropriate safety clothing and gloves must be used at all times to avoid injury from sharp edges. User uses at own risk. Do not drag or drop the product. The spiked metal plate base may mark surface, always test in a inconspicuous place first.
9 May 2018
Brilliant gizmo!!!! Really does the job
It will make using the ladder on the lawn possible as the grips hold secure. Worth spending the money. Not the cheapest but may be the best.
Anyone who uses a ladder should be trained and have knowledge about ‘working at height’ to ensure they’re equipped about the range of risks involved and the precautions necessary to prevent injury.
TB Davies created the Working at Height Training Academy to share their expertise and to offer a wide range of Working at Height safety courses from PASMA and The Ladder Association at their approved training centre.
Ladder Safety Training Presentation:
Ladder Safety Training Courses
- Main training page: https://www.tbdavies.co.uk/training-academy/
- Ladder Association training page: https://www.tbdavies.co.uk/training-academy/ladder-association-courses/
Helps makes working up ladders safer by securely holding tool bags, buckets of water or paint cans securely in place leaving your hands free to work. It fits into the hollow rung of most modern aluminium ladders and is simply attach . For more details please see: https://www.ladderlimb.com/shop/ladderlimb-essential-pack/
The Can Handle conveniently and safely fastens just about any type of paint can, pot, kettle, bucket or roller scuttle to the side of a ladder whilst allowing quick and easy re-positioning. Helps professionals comply with the Work at Height (2005) regulations. Ideal for trade or DIY. For more details please see: https://brushmate.co.uk/decorators-accessories/
Ladder Safety Kit
The Ladder Safety Kit is the perfect solution for being safe on any extension ladder. Kit includes;
- 2 point full body harness
- 10 metre running line
- Rope grab
- Cowstail strop
- PR ladder tensioning straps
- PR ladder tie bolts
- Kit bag
Ladderstore Ladder Log Sticker Large Business Pack
The Ladder Log Ladder Inspection System is designed to ensure that you comply with current legislative requirements and industry best practice with minimal fuss or cost.
The Ladder Log Large Business Pack contains:
- A4 Ladder Register & Inspection Summary folder with slip cover
- A step by step guide to setting up the Ladder Log Inspection System
- 50 Ladder Log Green Stickers
- 10 Ladder Log Red 'do not use' Stickers
- 1 Ladder Log Indelible Marker Pen for Inspection Tags
- 3 each of the Ladder Log Ladder Inspection Checklists & Guides, Register & Inspection Summary pages
FREE sample pack
This sample pack contains a Ladder Log tag, holder and Ladder Log sticker.
Ladder Log is a ladder inspection system that ensures your business will meet all the requirements of the Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005. Ladder Log Ladder Inspection Tags and Holders are attached to you ladders and provide clear information about the ladder and it's current status for users. For more details see: https://www.ladderstore.com/ladder-accessories/ladder-log-inspection-tags-holders/free-ladder-log-sample-pack